Wednesday, July 8, 2020
This is the last step of making the Becker BK14 mine.
In July of 2016 I bought these 2 little dice beads at the Indian
Store that my son and I love to visit. I thought they might look
good on the lanyard I was planning to put on
my Becker BK7 knife.
Well, I put them on the lanyard but at the time my heart was just
not into it (things get like that sometimes) so the results were
lackluster (understatement) at best and the lanyard was useless.
But there the beads have remained until...
...now. These are those beads on the new lanyard I put on my BK14.
It is a lousy picture but I wanted to show a closeup of the diamond
knot that I tied. The diamond knot is the easiest knot to tie on a
lanyard they say. Not for me it wasn't. But I got it done and
I think it turned out pretty decent
Here is my BK14 before starting this process...
...and here is the finished product. I really love the results and I am sorry
I waited so long to modify it. It slices much easier without the powder
coating. And the patina... Patinas sometimes remind me of color case
hardening. Color case hardening can make me weak in the knees.
The only thing I would have done different is to use black paracord.
I thought I HAD black paracord, but when I looked for it... none.
None until right after I finished that knot that is. THEN I found it.
Green is good.
On to the next adventure!
Posted by Lizzy Tex Borden at 11:00 PM